Friday, March 2, 2012

Dirty Little Secrets

Walking into Rachel's newly opened store in Jersey Garden's Mall in New Jersey my mouth dropped. The design was similar to her Manhattan store but this store was more then 2000sq ft. I knew that she was working on a new project but I didn't realized it was to this extreme. There was boxes everywhere. Her store doesn't officially open until next month. Walking around I looked inside the boxes and saw different designer labels as well as up and coming labels, including her personal label.

“Hey Cousin. Do you like?” Rachel asked coming out from the back. She was dressed in gray sweats with her hair pulled into a ponytail.

“I think its gorgeous. It's huge. How in the hell are you going to work this.” Rachel had several employees for her Manhattan store but to run this store she is going to need an army.

“Well, I'm going to get a great manager and go from there. You remember when I opened up my New York store I could have it open anytime I wanted to. That's how I was able to keep payroll down. But this store is in the mall, I have to be open mall hours. If not then I'm fined.”

“Damn, even if you don't have any staff you have to work this store all by yourself?” I questioned her glancing around the store unsure.

“Yup, but I was hoping that I could get my cousin to help?” Rachel said giving me a side look.

“Nope, I don't do retail plus I have to edit my manuscripts.” Rachel threw a wad of paper at me and stuck out her tongue. “But I will help you get the place set up.”

After working for a couple of hours gossiping about life and celebrities we decided to take a dinner break and order sandwiches.

“Have you heard from Hunter?” I told Rachel about my dinner with Hunter. It was a huge chance considering that she told my secret to an aunt. But when we sat down and discussed everything I told her that if she says another word to anyone I will personally tell all her dirty little secrets.

“Yes and no. I got a text that read “Muah” but that's it.”

“Are you going to continue seeing him?”

“Yes, if he understands that he's not my number one guy and can't dictate to me who I can and cannot date.”

Not saying another word about Hunter we continued working into night. Exhausted from hanging, steaming, and organizing the clothes we left everything for tomorrow. Walking out to to parking lot, I saw that Rachel had a brand new luxury car.

“Okay, for real cousin. How in the hell are you paying for this stuff? A new store and a new car. Your Manhattan store isn't doing that well.”

Smiling at me, “I got a new boo. A really wealthy new boo. He owns the space in the mall and is letting me use it to expand my stores. He has stores all over the country!!” Shaking my head and smiling. Only Rachel will find a man that will let her use his store for her benefit. 

“You should let me write your story for the blog or have your life as a plot in one of my books.”

“I like that...”

No comments:

Post a Comment